About Me

My photo
Cynicism, sarcasm, and Political Incorrectness are my specialty. Or specialties. Whatever, just shut up and read....

Friday, July 16, 2010

Wait.... What?!?

So, let me get this straight.... There are websites that exist solely to help people find someone to have an extramarital affair with? Seriously? And they are advertising on TV and in magazines? And these businesses are highly profitable to the extent of making millions?

Ok, the last question was a waste of typing since I can totally understand the profitability of offering adulterous sex nowadays. Being able to set it up at home, online, and not having to deal with the complications of going to a bar, or the possible harassment suits with attempting something at work. But does this make it right? No.

I'm not completely innocent in situations such as this, since I have strayed in the past, but I'll still say it isn't right. If you are unhappy enough to search for pleasure elsewhere, just end your current situation and move on.

I've heard the argument that you can have love with one, and pleasure with another. I call Bullshit on that one. My understanding of the theoretical relationship style emotion of love is the want and desire of one person and no-one else. As in; that is the only person you ever want to be with, physically, and emotionally. I've never experienced it, so I don't know, but that seems like a good description. If you feel strongly enough for someone to devote the rest of your life to them, then stick with it. If somewhere along the line, you realize it's not that great, then end it. Apparently that love you feel isn't the devotion kind, it's just the friend kind.

And please.... Do not even start with the "My hubby/wifey isn't as good looking as they were when we got married." or "I'm not physically attracted to them anymore." Grow up. We all age. Yeah, the majority of the time, a woman isn't going to have the same body she had before she had kids. And most dudes won't have their high school bodies all their lives. It's called aging. It happens. Deal with it.

Which brings me to my final point.

In my opinion, anyone who is willing to sleep with someone they know is married, is probably only after the benefits. Rich married dudes, and rich married chicks tend to shower their love-toys with gifts. Which kind of counts as payment. In other words, I think they're all sort of whores in a way. Man-whores, she-whores, whatever.

In summation: I hate the fact that society has degraded to the point where adultery is now being advertised on TV. What's next? Professional kidnappers or hitmen advertising on billboards? We're in a downward spiral, and I fear we've got a long way to go before it corrects itself.

I'm Done...

Goodnight / Good Day / Good Luck (you're gonna need it.)

-B-

"A vasectomy means never having to say you're sorry." -- Unknown

1 comment:

  1. I wish you and Chloe' would have hooked up!! I think the two of you would have been a perfect pair!

    ReplyDelete