About Me

My photo
Cynicism, sarcasm, and Political Incorrectness are my specialty. Or specialties. Whatever, just shut up and read....

Monday, July 26, 2010

Reaching back.....

I haven't done any rhyming stuff in years, but I can't think of anything else to do. I kind of want you to hate it even though it isn't written yet. I guess that could be yet another reason to see a therapist. Anyways....




Life is a tremendous thing to behold
It throws you here and there
Grasping for ground, grasping for air
Feet always searching a hold

It tosses you up, and rapidly down
Gives some good, and then some bad
A little happy, a little sad
Soon your feet find the ground

You start to grow, then age
You get beyond the past
The partying won't last
You finally have to turn the page

You think of husband or a wife
The drink loses it's hold
The smoke kinda gets old
You start to want a real life.

I think of all these thoughts
Of moving on in life
Of avoiding all the strife
Of connecting all the dots

Some day it might be so
Some day I'll know what's right
Some day I might see the light
Some day it might be so

But with a soul this corrupt
I wouldn't get your hopes up.

-B-

1 comment: