About Me

My photo
Cynicism, sarcasm, and Political Incorrectness are my specialty. Or specialties. Whatever, just shut up and read....

Friday, September 24, 2010

Solace.....

There are may things we may find comfort in. A favorite blanket, a fast car, a high powered rifle, or the embrace of your sweet thing.

Brain-fetish people, or psychologists, if thats what you want to call them; they'll tell you all kinds of different theories as to why you might find comfort in the item you prefer. Blanket = needing to be smothered in attention. Fast cars and nasty rifles = craving for Alpha Male Status. The embrace = co-dependency.

Screw all that.

I find comfort in all of those things. And there isn't any psychobabble crap about any of them. Unfortunately for you, I'm going to explain it all. In list form. Deal with it.

1. Favorite blanket: It brings me comfort because it's comfortable.

2. Fast Cars: I find a bit of a joining of body and mind with driving a vehicle at high speeds. Focus and reaction must be synchronized or you could die in a ball of fire. This excites and intimidates me a bit, but I feel alive while doing it.

3. High Powered Rifle: Being able to know I could turn a Pepsi can/ watermelon / propane tank into shrapnel.... with a slight squeeze of the finger. Ok, maybe this is a bit Alpha Male, but it is also awesome.

4.Honey-Bunch Huggin: I'm out of practice in this area, but from what I remember, it's not about co-dependency. It's about being like Friday's Gannon, or The Scarecrow's Mrs. King. They're your right hand(or your left hand for you crazy-handed people, I won't discriminate.) And the comfort isn't from a mutual need, it's from a common wanting, and knowing the wanting is mutual.

Ok, enough with my pseudo scientific crap.

There are a few things that always bring me comfort though. The little, red train blanket I've had since I was a tiny grunt, the Pac-man sheets I got a few years after that, Big Nasty & Brutus, and my custom "Largent" Seahawks jersey. I always try to have at least one of them near me or on me when I'm at home. Of course, I'd prefer to have a Sweet-thing or Honey-bunch on or near me, but I'll find happiness where it's available.

Even you probably have at least one thing you can look at or hold that makes you feel better. Don't worry about the science behind it. Just enjoy the warmth.

Once again, done for the day.

Goodnight / Good Day / Go Away.

-B-

"What?" -- That one guy....

No comments:

Post a Comment