About Me

My photo
Cynicism, sarcasm, and Political Incorrectness are my specialty. Or specialties. Whatever, just shut up and read....

Monday, October 26, 2009

The Times, They Are a-Changin'

First off, I must apologize for the titular ripoff of the song by the great Mr. Dylan. But the words just seemed right for what I intend to pass along to the one or two people that read this.

I'm not going to get into any type of deep explanation of how the world is different from my childhood,  or how it's even wildly different from just last year.

I'm going to go a completely different route with this one. I'm going to post multiple videos below that put some form of chronological order to how my musical tastes have evolved. But it goes beyond music. All of our thoughts and feelings on certain issues change over time. It's human nature. You adapt. You Evolve. You move on...

The first type of music I really got into was the what is considered "the oldies." After that it shot out in several different directions.

I'm done preaching. Here's a somewhat accurate order of musical forms that I've dug into in my life:

The old stuff:







The 80's:






Alternate version of the one above... (Does anyone besides me know this movie?)







The 90's


billy idol - cradle of love

kayla | MySpace Video













The '00's


Len Steal My Sunshine

jc [BLUEDEViL 4E] ™ | MySpace Video




Skip the next two if you don't like the loud angry stuff...





Since we are still in the '00s, I guess you could you could consider these next few as an extended chapter of sorts. I've slowly reverted back to listening to the older stuff over time. I still listen to the newer stuff from time to time, but the radio in my truck is always on the oldies stations.

Some of the stuff I've picked up lately.....







And that's all for now.

Goodnight/good morning....

-B-

Quote for the day:
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." - Robert Bloch

No comments:

Post a Comment