About Me

My photo
Cynicism, sarcasm, and Political Incorrectness are my specialty. Or specialties. Whatever, just shut up and read....

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Gadgets, Apps and Add-ons Oh My!....

I've noticed that as we dig ourselves deeper into this pit known as the "Digital Revolution," we seem to become more reliant on it. We use it to pass along thoughts, or current opinions(Twitter), share experiences along with photos and background info in case you wanted to ask us out (MySpace, Facebook, Friendster, oh the list goes on and on....) or to just rant endlessly/share experiences/brag about your family/ so on and so forth.

This "Digital Revolution" is an awesome thing. I will not attempt to discredit that fact. It enables us to keep in touch with tens, hundreds, and even thousands all at the same time. For example; all I have to do is log into my FB account and in the status box type in "I'm Hungry." Instantly everyone on my friends list knows I'm lacking in nutritional sustenance. This type of power can be used in an infinite number of positive ways. But, the opposite is also true.

There are probably millions of so-called "upgrades" or downloads out there that claim to enhance some aspect of your PC/Mac/Phone. And there is a numerous amount of those that are nothing but harmful. They'll tap into your system, learn your passwords, and record all of your regular contacts. Basically, don't download anything that isn't guaranteed "clean" by a software company you trust. Or you can do like I do.... I pretty much know my PC has been hijacked in some way or another, so I just download everything that comes my way. If they're leeching off of  my computer, well then I will supply them with as much as I can. I'm more than happy to pass along a virus from one A-hole to the next.

But anyways, back to my original point. It seems these days our main form of communication has become either texting, email, or something like "Twitter."
Yes, it's nice to have instant access to all that info in an immediate fashion. And, yes it's a very good way to send quick messages to people without completely interrupting anything.

But, what if you want to hear someones voice? Who knows, maybe you really like that person, and their voice gives you a form of comfort. Or maybe they have a really sexy voice and you just want to hear them talk to you.

With either of those scenarios, would you rather hear them say "You are great, and I really like you." or having them text " U R grt, I rly leik U"?

As I've gotten older I've grown to dislike spending a lot of time on the phone. I see it as an interruption to my life as it's playing out. BUT, there is one exception; I thoroughly enjoy talking to the girlfriend on the phone. The only explanation I might have for this phenomenon was mentioned a few inches above.

I've run out of things to say. So, I'm going to call it a night...

Goodnight/good morning

Whatever.

Go Away.....

-B-

No comments:

Post a Comment