About Me

My photo
Cynicism, sarcasm, and Political Incorrectness are my specialty. Or specialties. Whatever, just shut up and read....

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bah, That'll Never Happen to Me....

I've spent my life trying to be somewhat of a decent person. I try to treat people right, well, I do if they deserve it. If one of my friends or family needs some help, I give it when I can. Yet even though I usually want to do good, evil is always right there beckoning.

I'm going to limit this junior-varsity writing example to just one subject....

Common thievery.

I won't say I haven't had my opportunities at this sort of thing, because everyone has. But I've never been really interested in snatching someone else's stuff. The main reason being: How would I feel if it was happening to me? Up until recently I've never had to experience it personally. That all changed this morning. And it blew my freaking mind....

It all started with "The Call."

I get a phone call from my roommate telling me there was a situation at the apt. After some prodding I find out a pricey amount of our stuff has been borrowed without permission. (Cue the emotional gauntlet.) This is where it spirals down. Imagine one of those old black and white slapstick comedy movies where the comedic heroes are traipsing through the jungle and random palm leaves keep smacking them in the face; well it's kind of like that, only not funny. On one hand, you want to know what happened. On the other, you want to know if everyone is ok. On yet another you want to know which of your favorite things is gone. And on even yet another, you want to know if you still have time to kill the son of a bitch before the cops get there. All in one instant, you have query, you have worry, you have fear, and you have anger. And you have to control them all. This was new to me.

I came home to find my place robbed of many of my prized, expensive possessions. Yet, I blamed nobody. Well, nobody but the worthless piece of shit who thought he could rob me and get away with it. And he didn't get away with it. Thanks to the Ladies and Gents with badges.

The one thing I don't get is why it happened. Why steal stuff? Even if you can find someone to buy it, they'll be buying it at a fraction of it's value. Why not get a friggin job and watch your income get higher as you go along? Or even better yet, why not act like a man and face the hardships of life, instead of just causing more upon others.

Basically, there are two ways to be remembered. You can be a dipshit, and be hated for eternity, or you can step up and be respected.

It's your choice.

I'm done.

Go Away.....

-B-

No comments:

Post a Comment