About Me

My photo
Cynicism, sarcasm, and Political Incorrectness are my specialty. Or specialties. Whatever, just shut up and read....

Friday, August 27, 2010

Why?

I've kind of stepped away from writing on here, not because I don't like pushing my opinions on people, I'll always enjoy that. I've just started to wonder what the point of it all is. And I've come up with a list of reasons to stop. See below:

1. It's not gonna make me famous. I'm not that good of a writer, and besides, I'm just another schmuck spilling his thoughts upon the masses. Did I say masses? I meant the 3 of you who read this.

2. Its not going to help me find a lady. Telling a girl you just met at the bar that you write a blog is just marginally above telling them you have leprosy.

3. I'm not going to get rich. I'm not a sell-out, I don't post ads on my page. But that's just because no one has asked. If someone wants to pay me to randomly switch between telling happy stories and destroying dreams, just tell me where to sign.

4..... (C'mon man, you can think of at least one more reason.).....Oh yeah, I've never really tried hard enough at this whole writing bit.....

Yet.

-B-

“By persistently remaining single, a man converts himself into a permanent public temptation.” -- Oscar Wilde

3 comments:

  1. I have seriously run into that wall myself.

    I often feel like I am repeating myself or just blathering on like an idiot (although I like the comparison to leprosy. Nice).

    I don't know about you, my friend, but at one point I thought I had something to say, if only about myself and the crap I was going through. Now it just doesn't seem that interesting.

    You can only post if you feel really have something to say. My opinion.

    Myself, I think I'll just write and put snippets up. I'm tired of social observations; there just too many damn idiots and you'd run out of time to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. A lot of all this has become repetitive. Yet, even knowing the fact that no one really cares, I'll probably keep writing. After all, it's not really for them. It's more of a type of therapy for me. I get to speak my mind and say whatever I want, and if anyone wants to read it they may. If they disagree with it, they can comment, or quit reading. Either way, I can still spew the anger and confusion that dwells in my mind upon the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I have always said, even more so when drunk:
    Fuckin'-A, Bubba.

    ReplyDelete