About Me

My photo
Cynicism, sarcasm, and Political Incorrectness are my specialty. Or specialties. Whatever, just shut up and read....

Friday, January 1, 2010

These Times... They are a'changin....

It is now 2010. And the biggest question of the day is how you will say that? Is it "Twenty-Ten," "Two Thousand and Ten," "Ought-Ten," or "O-Ten." I prefer to follow the practice that has been in use for years. It's 20-10 for me. I mean, c'mon, all throughout our lives we've been saying stuff like "Nineteen Ninety Eight" and so on and so forth. Why not continue that tradition? Do we recognize our date of Independence as "The year One Thousand, Seven Hundred, Seventy Six." Or do we say we gained independence in "Seventeen Seventy-six?" Or even better, a rhyme we all learned in grade school.... "Columbus sailed the ocean blue in the year of... One Thousand, Four Hundred Ninety Two?"

Seriously, I really don't care how you choose to say it. Today is a new page. Make your resolutions if you want, follow them if you wish, but know that it is a new year. Any and all failings or mis-steps you made are now in the past. It's time to start over. And I really hope you all can make a change that you really want to make.

I'm done for tonight.

Goodnight / Good Morning / Whatever...

-B-

"Where's my bat? That friggin car-alarm is driving me nuts...." -BLR-

No comments:

Post a Comment