About Me

My photo
Cynicism, sarcasm, and Political Incorrectness are my specialty. Or specialties. Whatever, just shut up and read....

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Listen, but don't think....

http://www.gty.org/Resources/Questions/QA110_Where-is-heaven

Read the article. It is funny. It starts with "Scripture clearly teaches that heaven is a real place that can be seen and touched and inhabited by beings with material bodies. We affirm that truth unequivocally."

Then switches to "So heaven is not confined to one locality marked off by boundaries that can be seen or measured."

So... We can see, touch, and inhabit heaven, but it is a place that is in a dimension that we cannot see or find? I don't get it.

If someone can explain this crap to me, logically, I'll listen. Until then I'll stick with Darwin.

-B-

2 comments:

  1. Brice, come on. Did you listen at all in church?

    The heaven where God lives is a physical place, yes. It has physical boundaries. But heaven can also be anywhere the Spirit resides. They guy is talking about deep, deep doctrine that even the Prophet and Apostles stay away from, because people tend to get overwhelmed by things like that. If we don't understand the basic principles of Faith, repentance, ect., how is God supposed to teach us anything more complicated? All I know is, God loves us, and He wants to teach us, but He has to give "milk before meat" as it were. "Line upon line," a little bit at a time, is how He teaches.

    That's my testimony, but you can stick to Darwin if you want to :-)

    http://lds.org/ensign/1983/09/seek-learning-even-by-study-and-also-by-faith?lang=eng

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you know my opinion. Where's the beer?

    ReplyDelete