About Me

My photo
Cynicism, sarcasm, and Political Incorrectness are my specialty. Or specialties. Whatever, just shut up and read....

Monday, November 16, 2009

Bloodshed....

Obviously by the title you know what I plan to talk about. But I would like to make the whole thing into a question of sorts. Or a series of questions to be more exact.

First off, why do people fight? We fight for what we think is right. Simple enough? No, it isn't. We fight for what we think is right. Not what may be right. Mostly we fight to support what we have been taught is right. There are billions of people in this world, so I feel it's safe to assume that there are at least a few million different opinions on what is "Right."

For example: I was raised in a religion most people discredit. And I do disagree with some of the things that go on within it. But there are a lot of things I really do like about it. Either way, I'm not going to bash it because of my personal feelings. They have every right to believe whatever they want. Most of the people on this rock we call Earth were raised in some religion or other, and they have every right to believe whatever they choose. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. Yet, some think that it is right to kill anyone who thinks differently. I don't buy that. I think some dude way back in the old days interpreted stuff in his own way, and started preaching that you needed to wipe the enemy out to prove your devotion. I can't imagine that there would be a God that wanted his little creations to kill each other. If this was true, I assume a conversation at the Pearly Gates would go something like this:

Dead dude: "Hey, What up?"

Gatekeeper: "Not much playa, what you in for?"

Dead dude: "Suicide bombing"

Gatekeeper: "So, you killed a hell of a lot of Gods children, people who were doing nothing but waiting for the bus or buying a newspaper, and you're proud of it? Good job Homie, come on in. Your crop of virgins for you to de-flower and defile are right over there."

Yeah, I don't buy it. Any god that is what people call "All-loving and All-forgiving" wouldn't do that shit.

Anyways, I'm done with religion, and moving on.

We also do it for survival. Some people twist that logic and think it's to prove dominance. Yes, that is is true sometimes, but as anyone who has watched Nature shows on PBS knows that in the natural world proving one's dominance only comes when one is challenged. But some people feel they need to broadcast it to the world. Why? To try to prove your superiority over someone? To prove you are better? It usually only proves the opposite. I understand sometimes it is in retaliation. In which case I do believe it is necessary to try to show the one attempting to prove his awesomeness that he is wrong. People always want to fight over the littlest, pettiest stuff. I can understand wanting to mess a dude up for sleeping with your girlfriend, but starting stuff because a guy wouldn't loan you a lighter or give a cigarette? Or because he looked at you weird? Seriously, people have been shot to death for just looking at someone wrong. Why risk it?

To wind it all up and make my point: Nobody, and I mean nobody is right all of the time. You may think so, because you were told that you were. But it's all based on beliefs. And everyone believes differently.

Basically, all I have to say is, don't expect people to believe what you do just because you try to explain it to them, and don't hate them if they disagree.

And on a different note, don't run your mouth and make threats to people you don't know, because you have no idea what they can do to you. Just keep your mouth shut, and go about your daily life. It isn't worth getting your ass kicked and going to jail because you started shit with someone who didn't want to give you a lighter or a cigarette. Though, I will admit, watching that happen, was kinda fun. It made my day.

Last Thought: Get over it people. We're all in this survival game together. Quit killing people on your own team. And quit getting uppity with someone who doesn't want to give your worthless ass a handout. Have pride in your life. Work for what you want. And never, ever beg for anything.

I'm Done

Goodnight/ Good Morning

Go Away

-B-

Quote: "Dude, just go home. You don't need to get hurt tonight."
-Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment