About Me

My photo
Cynicism, sarcasm, and Political Incorrectness are my specialty. Or specialties. Whatever, just shut up and read....

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Screaming at the abyss....

I've spent the last few nights re-reading a lot of the posts I've written on MyFarce, and I've noticed a barely detectable amount of anger buried deep in the writing. 

Yes, I'm joking of course, because the majority of the stuff I wrote before is just pure Pissy-ness in every form. But, now I'm finally starting to feel my age, and I'm also starting realize some of the real-life factors of the world in this horrible economy we are in the middle of.

My first instinct is to point fingers toward a particular term of office, (and it ain't W's, cause the problem started before that,) but I feel the only way to get past all this is to just forget the "politics" of it all, and realize that we, as Americans, and everyone else in the world,  have to depend on each other, in some way or form, to survive. Every nation depends on at least one other nation, maybe even in the slightest bit, to be able to function. Therefore, shouldn't we all just get over the finger-pointing and the he-said she-said BS?

I know a lot of people could argue that "America doesn't need anything from anyone!" That's bullshit. With the consumption of oil that we currently cause, all the oil fields in the US, (and yes I am including the untapped ones in Alaska,) would last us maybe 5 yrs by scientists theories. I'd call it less than that based on continual growth. 

So.... Where do we go from here? It seems that there is finally some progress being made in the Middle East, but there is still serious tension with North Korea. And, once again, the Soviets are kicking our door. (no offense intended towards the Russian population, but Putin definitely has a Soviet Russia state of mind.)

We all breathe the same air, we all walk on land, and the blood in our veins is the same color. Why should location or religion decide who is best? "My god can beat up your god" or "My patriotism is stronger than yours!"

My response to that... Who cares? You're a human being, as am I. Shouldn't we be working together towards preserving the human race? Instead of trying to destroy it because your pride or your "god" told you to? 

That's all I have to say. And hopefully, it will be enough.

-B-

1 comment: